Thursday 18 February 2016

Sometime in the mid 90s.


My family and my neighbour's family were on a road trip to Disney Land, or somewhere in and around Los Angeles. We stopped at a Burger King for lunch and my dad asked all of us what we wanted. I don't remember what I said, but I know I wanted the fish burger. I must have said a "fish whopper" or maybe just "whopper". When it came, I ended up with a beef burger.



It wasn't what I wanted! It definitely was not something I was going to eat! My parents told me to just eat it and I cried. I think I cried a lot because they ended up getting me the fish sandwich. I remember thinking "why would he order me the beef burger?! I NEVER order those, I've never even had one!"


I was entirely distraught and no one else understood that I wasn't going to eat the burger.

I think I was about 7 at the time.

1 comment:

  1. I...

    I was the one who did that to you. I was working at that Burger Kind. I folded that rotten sandwhich in an edible shape for you. I whispered to your father, if this was the right thing to do. It seemed so wrong. I saw you suffer.

    I always wondered if you were okay.

    the relief I feel seeing you grown up and healthy takes so much weight off of my shoulders I could almost fly. I would recognize that photo you posted from any distance. That pissed off look in your face is branded into my minds eye. But to see you now... so fat and healthy... I can finally move on.

    I am finally free.

    ReplyDelete